A perfect opportunity for students who want to make a real difference in Enschede – that is what the EnschedeLab project, made possible in part by DesignLab University of Twente, is all about. In mixed student teams from ROC of Twente, AKI ArtEZ, Saxion and the University of Twente, students work on social issues to make Enschede more sustainable and self-sufficient. After a successful pilot project, it is now time for the follow-up. Students from the University of Twente can sign up now (before 1 Sept) for the next phase.
For one semester, you spend two days a week working on your solution as a mixed student team. You will receive coaching from the municipality and affiliated educational institutes. For example, EnschedeLab will organize a Bootcamp and several return days. Other than that, you will be given free rein to develop your idea using design thinking techniques.
WHY to join
- Useful. For both your CV and professional development.
- Work on real issues. This is a great way to e.g. make your (final thesis) project highly practical.
- Collaborate. With senior secondary vocational and higher professional education students.
- Expand your network. With professionals from the extensive “City Deal” network, including the municipality of Enschede.
- Coaching. From the municipality and affiliated educational institutes. You will also receive a training from DesignLab about a variant of the “Science2Design4Society” method.
- Facilities. You can use facilities at the Saxion FabLab, DesignLab and the ROC of Twente’s Entrepreneurs’ Lab.
- Freedom. Together with your team members, you are free to decide when and where to work on your project. Instead of telling you what to do, we trust in your entrepreneurial spirit.
- Results. At the end of the semester, your team will present its solution to a comprehensive panel of regional professionals who will explore the implementation opportunities of your solution.
- A student of the University of Twente during the project period
- Available two days a week for one semester
- Able to express yourself in fluent Dutch (for practical reasons, it is not yet possible to facilitate this project in English, although we are working on that)
SIGN-UP / MORE INFORMATION
You can also contact Maya van den Berg, project coordinator at DesignLab University of Twente (firstname.lastname@example.org and 053 489 3225).
See you soon?