study adviser

Every student can contact the study advisor of their programme with questions and problems. The study advisor monitors study progress, advises students about the construction of their academic career, and assists students on matters related to their study (choices, progress, planning) or assignments. Contacts with the study adviser can be pro- and re-active.

The study adviser for Creative Technology is:

Study Adviser
Thea de Kluijver
Present: Monday till Thursday: 9.00am - 5.00pm

Room: Zilverling, ZI1003

Phone: +3153 489 3697 


Skype: sakluijver
Use this planner to make an appointment for half an hour (one session) or more. If you have short questions, you can also use the consultation hour for this (every Thursday from 12:45-13:45).

  • Confidentiality

    Everything you discuss with the study adviser is confidential. Only on indication and after your approval it is possible to share some information with third parties. The study adviser works within the code of the National Association of Study Advisors (LVSA).

    All contacts between the student and the Study Adviser are reported in OSIRIS, the student information system. These reports are confidential but can be accessed by the student.

  • When to contact the study adviser?

    At the university, you are expected to be independent and to regulate many things yourself. Especially when you are just starting, not everything is obvious. It may take some time before you find your way and sometimes help can be useful or even necessary. In the course of your studies or as preparation for your carrier you can also encounter issues you can discuss with your study adviser.

    The study adviser provides information and advice about:

    • Personal circumstances
    • Courses and workshops
    • Binding study advice
    • MoMi
    • Study skills
    • Dealing with performance anxiety
    • Planning
    • Career guidance, doubt about study, stopping or changing study
    • Studying with a disability or chronic illness
    • Top performance
    • Request to the Examination Board
    • Facilities like extra time for exams
    • Complaints
    • Request individual adjustments
  • What can I ask the study adviser?

    You can go to the study adviser if you have any questions about the study, studying, or about private matters that affect your studies, for example:

    • Preparation of a study plan. For one or more academic year(s)
    • I did not pass a module. What can be the consequences?
    • Due to problems at home I cannot concentrate. What can I do?
    • Studying the program is very easy. Can I do extra things?
    • I would like to do a ‘board year’. How can I combine this with my studies?
    • Did I choose the right study program?
    • Can I make a change in study program?
    • In secondary school, things did go smoothly. Now I face challenges and problems. What can I do? What is the reason I failed some elements?
    • I know I can do it, but it doesn’t work out the way I want. Can you help me to learn to study in a better way?
    • I am a professional athlete. What arrangements and facilities are there for me?
    • I have trouble studying because of dyslexia.
    • Can you help me with the combination of my disability and to study this academic program?
    • I'd like to request an exception to the rules, how do I do that?

    A conversation with your study adviser is usually a good first step. When necessary, the study adviser can refer to persons or departments within or outside the university, as the student psychologists and deans of students, tutors, study advisers from other programs, etc. 


SACC can help you with general questions about your rights as a student, personal circumstances, or Dutch study finance. They also can support you with mental health problems by referring you to their (free!) psychologists and providing group sessions on several topics. More information can be found here:

Student Affairs Coaching & Counselling

Room: Vrijhof, VR311 (The Red Desk)

Phone: +3153 489 2035 

In cases of emergency please contact your own doctor or the doctor on-campus (+31 53 203 0204)