the UT LANGUAGE CENTRE
The UT Language Centre (UTLC) offers all kinds of courses and workshops in English, English for Specific Purposes and English as a Medium of Instruction. More information can be found on the UTLC website.
FUTURELEARN AND GOOD HABITZ - ONLINE COURSES
The UT offers its staff (free) online courses through two course platforms: Good Habitz and FutureLearn. Join one of the free online courses and work on your English!
Please note: the course offer on both platforms changes regularly. The following courses are examples of the current course programme on offer.
- Understand Business English
- Speak Business English
- Write Business English
- English as a Medium of Instruction for Academics
- English for Academic Study
- Basic English 1: elementary
- Basic English 2: pre-intermediate
- Exploring English: Shakespeare
- An International Guide to Writing in English for University Study
Both at UT and online, there are many (free) tools available to help you when writing in English:
- Nu beter Engels
- Tiny cards
- Bookworm from popcap games
- Read English magazines and newspapers
- Listen to English radio podcasts
- Watch Netflix with English subtitles
Do you have to write something work-related in English and are you not sure about its quality? Could you do with some help in the writing process? The Writing Centre offers help to support staff with their writing challenges. Language issues, grammar, structure, finding the right tone: for all these matters you can contact the Writing Centre. Would you like to sit down with a writing tutor and discuss your text in detail? Make an appointment for a 45-minute tutor session.
Do you need help putting the finishing touch to your document, by having it translated or edited? The UTLC Translating and Editing Service is here to help you! You can find all information on this website. Do you need assistance or more information? Contact the co-ordinator for translations and editing at: firstname.lastname@example.org