SUTQ is the follow up of the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ/BKO), and fits in a policy of continuous development for teachers. In this attachment the background and principles of SUTQ are described, and here you can read more about SUTQ and the HR policy.
The teacher does research to improvement/innovation of (the own) education practice
Designs innovative education within the area of the (own) education practice.
For about nine months during 160 hours the participant works on an (individual) educational question. The participant determines his own personal learning path. During this period the participant receives supervision, advice and expertise in order to gather the necessary information and answers. In the links below you can read more about the SUTQ competence, criteria and deliverables.
The first round in 2017 resulted in a wide and interesting variety of chosen SUTQ topics. A small selection of the chosen educational questions:
- How to define wicked problems (in the context of projectbased education), also with regard to assessment?
- How to compile a reliable/valid digital summative test for a math course?
- How to implement video in the intervision/reflection part of teacher training in a practical and effective way?
- How do cultural backgrounds influence the adaptation of students to activating teaching methods?
- How to engage/activate all students in large classes (n=125)?
SUTQ is designed for experienced teachers who achieved their UTQ (or exemption) and have the ambition to improve the/their education.
Read more about target group & conditions for participation.
The SUTQ 2018-2019 offers places for a maximum of 15 participants. If you would like to participate, please apply before 12 March 2018 by filling in the application form and send it to Martine ten Voorde (email@example.com).
The applications will be evaluated and scored on level of motivation for the SUTQ, the clarity and structure of the proposal and the feasibility of the project within 160 hours. Before April 16th, all applicants will be informed about participation.
From our participants we expect to be present during some group activities. The (mandatory) dates for the SUTQ 2018-2019 are mentioned below, please reserve the moments in your agenda already. All activities are on campus.
Date and time
16 May 2018 (9.30-19.00) &
17 May 2018 (9.30-13.30)
Getting to know each other, inspiration sessions and workshops to work on your own SUTQ trajectory
Educational Research and Design workshops
4 June 2018 (15.45-20.00)
15 October 2018 (15.45-20.00)
Learning about educational design and research and providing and receiving peer feedback from other participants
27 September 2018 12.45-15.15
13 December 2018 12.45-15.15
Inspiration sessions about an educational theme
18 April 2019 15.00-17.00
Poster market and receiving certificates from the rector.
program and Support
The program we offer is based on a Student Driven way (the participant as director of it's own learning process). Nevertheless there are also some supporting facilities:
- SUTQ coach (an educationalist of the CELT department), for support and consultation during the research and design process.
- Intervision meetings with peers.
- ERD workshops: Educational Research and Design workshops
- Seminars about educational topics
SUTQ coordinator: Martine ten Voorde, firstname.lastname@example.org