A positive binding recommendation will be provided when:
- Before the 1st of September 2019, the student has acquired at least 45 EC in the B1 phase of the programme (passed 3 modules or a combination of coherent and separate module parts that are representative of these 45 ECs: see Education and Examination Regulations, appendix A for more detailed information);
- The student has at least a 5.5 or higher for at least 3 of the 4 mathematics elements of year 1;
- The student has at least a 5.5 or higher for at least 1 out of 2 elements of mechanics of year 1;
Regulation for failing/passing modules
- A student has passed a module if the average for the module is at least 5.5.
Additionally, the following applies:
- The project is completed with a minimum grade of 5.5
- The grade for no more than one test of the module is between 5.0 and 5.5 (keep in mind the rules for the binding recommendation on mathematics and mechanics - specific rules of the module)
- The grade for all other elements is at least 5.5
A module must be passed in its entirety to receive the course credits (15 EC per module).
In general grades are only valid in the year they were rewarded. However, in some cases it is possible to take a grade of a module part into the next study year. For the rules on this particular subject we point you to the Powerpoint Presentation on Blackboard, module 1; the introduction Powerpoint.
Additional information can be found in the EER (Education and Examination Regulations) of the programme, appendix A.