The project registration process contains three steps and takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Create and design your project (research or education)
- Complete the project registration process (You are here)
- Reserve the facilities, equipment, or software that you need.
The system helps users navigate the registration process and interact with BMS Lab. It contains a few steps:
- Login. You log in using your UT student or employee account or register as an external user.
- Navigate the application. You will see a landing page that offers you the capability to register a project or create a note (question) about a project. If you’ve visited before, then you’ll see projects and notes previously created.
- Complete your profile. You can do this by clicking the icon in the top right and entering your affiliation. Please choose your BMS Department or “Other”. In the latter case, you type your affiliation by hand.
- Create a registration. Click on “Create new project” to start registering your project. You can save your registration as a draft before you complete and submit it. Fill in all the fields and save the completed form as a draft in order to submit it afterwards (the submit button will appear). Have a question while registering your project? Then click the “Create note” button. Don’t forget to save your draft registration beforehand.
- Start reserving. You can reserve the equipment, software or facilities you need by clicking the “Go to reservations” button only after your project has been approved using the received project number.
- Evaluation. All project registrations will be assessed on Thursday morning, after which you will receive an evaluation with further instructions. This can either be an approval, a request for refinement, or a rejection of your project registration.