K. (Kasia) Zalewska-Kurek PhD
Office: RA 2268
T: +31 (0)53 489 5296
F: +31 (0)53 489 2159
>> Go to publications directly
Kasia Zalewska-Kurek (1981) holds a master degree in sociology from the University of Wroclaw, Poland. In 2004 she’d started her PhD research in sociology of science at the University of Twente. In 2008 she defended her dissertation entitled “Strategies in the production and dissemination of knowledge”. This PhD research focused on the organisation and management of scientific research and answered the question about conditions serving researchers in the process of production of knowledge.
Currently she works as a researcher at Nikos. Her research interests are research management, university management, production and transfer of scientific knowledge, collaboration between scientists, and between science and society.
Kasia also teaches strategic management for bachelor and master students.
- Hans E. Roosendaal, Kasia Zalewska-Kurek, Peter A.T.M. Geurts, Eberhard R. Hilf. Scientific publishing: From vanity to strategy. Chandos Publishing. Oxford. ISBN: 978 1 84334 490 2
- Kasia Zalewska-Kurek, 2008. Strategies in the production and dissemination of knowledge. PhD dissertation, University of Twente.
- Kasia Zalewska-Kurek, Peter A.T.M. Geurts, Hans E. Roosendaal, 2010. The impact of the autonomy and interdependence of individual researchers on their production of knowledge and its impact– an empirical study of a nanotechnology institute. Research Evaluation 19(3): 217-225.
- Kasia Kurek, Peter A.T.M. Geurts, Hans E. Roosendaal, 2007. The research entrepreneur: strategic positioning of the researcher in his societal environment. Science & Public Policy 34(7), pp. 501-513(13). DOI: 10.3152/030234207X244810; http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/beech/spp
- Kasia Kurek, Peter A.T.M. Geurts, Hans E. Roosendaal, 2006. “The split between availability and selection. Business models, and the scientific process?” Information Services & Use 26(4): 217- 282.
- Hans E. Roosendaal, Kasia Kurek, Peter A.T.M. Geurts 2008. “Modèles èconomiques de l’èdition scientifique et processus de recherche” In: J. Schöpfel, 2008. “La publication scientifique. Analyses et perspectives”. Hermes Science, Lavoisier.