UTFacultiesBMSEducationInternational Affairs & Mobility

International Affairs & Mobility at BMS

Our team supports students from all study programmes and staff at the BMS faculty going abroad and international (exchange) students and staff joining BMS. 

Incoming exchange

Information for students from other universities who join UT for an exchange programme can find information on the central UT exchange pages.

Internships and graduation assignments

At the BMS faculty, the Internship and Assignment Coordinator supports internships and graduation assignments across all BMS study programmes. This support focuses on guidance with regard to internship contracts, support for the usage of Mobility Online, support with regard to practical matters, and more. 

For questions or support regarding your internship or graduation assignment, please contact your programme contact person. To have contracts signed, please send them to internshipcoordinator-bms@utwente.nl.

Study abroad

  • Why study abroad?

    Living in another country can be a very rewarding experience. Being introduced to new people, other cultures and languages will broaden your horizons, both academically and personally. Also, study abroad will positively contribute to your current and future position in this rapidly globalizing world.

    All students from the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences are enabled to study abroad during the first semester of the third year of the Bachelor curriculum. Master students have the opportunity to exchange courses from the curriculum and transfer the credits or to go abroad during an extra-curricular semester.

  • Orientation & application

    To be able to study abroad, several things have to be arranged. Hence, it is recommended to start at least 9 months prior to departure with the preparation for your exchange semester. For all information and registration, please visit our Canvas site. Join us on Instagram: Study_abroad_utwente  or Facebook to get an impression of studying abroad.

  • Preparation & selection of courses

    For selection of courses, please visit our Study Abroad Canvas Page.

  • Practical information

    Once you are accepted by the Partner university, there are other aspects that need to be arranged before your departure.


    Several Partner universities offer a Housing service or support to help you find accommodation. Most of these rooms are furnished, which may lead to higher accommodation costs than you are used to. Arranging accommodation is always your own responsibility.


    Prior to departure, it is recommended to check the coverage of your health insurance and to check whether you are insured when living abroad. The University of Twente has entered into liability and travel insurance for all students and employees. This insurance is free, application can be arranged via this website

    Registration UT HEALth insurance

    The University of Twente has an online system that is designed to keep track of the location of the UT students, in case of an emergency. It is mandatory to register your stay in the UT's International Registration. The links to these systems are accessible via this webiste 

    Health and Safety

    Before departure, check whether you need any vaccinations or other medical preparations for your stay abroad. Also, keep an eye on the official travel advice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The UT does not allow you to travel to a destination with a 'negative' advice.

    Visa and Passport

    Depending on your destination, you might need to arrange a visa. Explore how to apply for a visa and which documents are needed. Keep in mind that strict deadlines are involved for the visa application. Also, make sure that your travel document (ID card or Passport) is valid for at least three months after you planned arrival to the Netherlands.

    Financial Matters

    You can apply for a scholarship. Information on eligibility and application can be found here. The scholarship application is part of your study abroad registration in Mobility Online. You can apply for a scholarship after you have been officially accepted by the host university!

    Furthermore, you can choose to convert your OV Chip Card into financial compensation during your stay abroad. Consult the DUO website for the procedure.

  • Contact

    If you question is not answered on our Canvas site, please contact:

International student support

We welcome students from all over the world. We want to help and support our (prospective) international students as best as we can. We therefore have an international student support officer. If you have any questions during your study period at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences (BMS) you can contact: 

Office hours: Monday, Tuesday morning, Wednesday morning, Thursday

When you have questions specifically related to your study programme, please contact the study adviser of your study programme. General information for international students is available on utwente.nl/students.

stay abroad within your phd trajectory or as a staff member

Discover international opportunities to enrich your PhD experience. Explore options for staying abroad and enhancing your research through collaborations and exchange programs. Visit this webpage to learn more. We support PhDs and staff members who want to go abroad or who are from abroad visiting our faculty.

The team

Internationalisation strategy