Building number 10 Ravelijn
Room: RA 1161
Telephone: + 31 (0)6 85256648
Kamia Handayani is a PhD candidate at Department of Governance and Technology for Sustainability (CSTM). Her research is focused on climate change mitigation and adaptation in Indonesia’s power sector. She holds a Master of Science (Cum Laude) in Energy and Environmental Management from University of Twente and a Bachelor of Environmental Engineering from Bandung Institute of Technology. Her Master’s research assesses cost-effectiveness of emission reduction for selected coal-fired power plants in Indonesia.
Kamia has worked as Environmental Specialist at PT PLN (Persero), the National Power Company of Indonesia since 2005. Her contributions in this company include formulating quantitative measurement for evaluating environmental management performances of PLN’s business units all over Indonesia. Furthermore, Kamia contributed to the development of climate change mitigation policy of the company as well as to the implementation of the policy. Kamia has extensive experiences on clean development mechanism (CDM) and verified carbon standard (VCS) projects starting from project initiation until issuance of carbon credits. In addition, Kamia is an expert in the area of environmental and social safeguards for energy projects.
Expertise and Research Interests:
- Clean Development Mechanism
- Carbon credits
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Environmental and social safeguards for energy projects
- Handayani, K., Krozer, Y. (2014). Cost-Effectiveness of Emission Reduction for Indonesian Coal-Fired Power Plants. The 20th Conference of Electric Power Supply Industry, International Convention Center JEJU, South Korea, 26-30 October 2015.
- Handayani, K. (2014). Opportunities for Climate Change Mitigations: A Case Study of Indonesia’s Power Sector. International Symposium on Sustainability Science, “Understanding Climate Change Phenomena for Human Well Being”, Kampus Universitas Padjadjaran Bandung, Indonesia, 8-10 September 2014.
- Handayani, K. (2013). Renewable Energy for Electrification in Flores Island Indonesia. ICREP Conference: “Improving energy Access through Climate Finance: Picking the Winners”. University of Twente Campus, The Netherlands, 26-28 March 2013.