Although UT does its utmost to inform you about possible accommodations, there is a housing shortage at the moment. As a result, students all over the Netherlands are having trouble finding housing. We want to provide you with all the information you need as a current student to find new housing in time.
If you are:
- an/a (international) student who does not need an entry visa and/or residence permit, or;
- a second or third-year student who does need an entry visa and/or residence permit who has had guaranteed accommodation for the first year;
and you are looking for accommodation on campus or in the vicinity of our university, please create an account in Roomspot; the online housing portal. Here you can find the current housing offer in Enschede and Hengelo and apply for the accommodations you are interested in.
Please be aware that the UT Housing Office cannot provide you with housing. The UT Housing Office can provide you with tips and information to support you in your search for housing in the Enschede or Hengelo region. The most important thing to do is to keep an eye on Roomspot for the actual housing offers and advertisements. To see more ways to find suitable accommodations in Enschede or Hengelo, please check the other housing possibilities.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you find housing in time:
- Start your search already for housing: the earlier you start, the more offers there might still be available
- Be realistic in your wishes: sometimes it is better to accept a housing offer when it comes along and search from there
- Contact your personal network and find out who knows more about relevant housing possibilities
- Don’t be frightened by the high number of responses to housing ads. It is always better to apply. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
- Your search for housing can be challenging and take some time. Stay positive, keep looking, and don’t give up!