NWO has granted the NWO Physics Projectruimte proposal “Ultrafast collective surface diffusion on mesoscopic length scales” by Arie van Houselt (Physics of Interfaces and Nanomaterials). He will investigate recently discovered ultrafast collective mass transport phenomena in order to unravel the underlying, yet unexplored new physics, using the unique capabilities of our Low Energy Electron Microscope (LEEM). An illustrative video of a series of LEEM measurements can be found here. The movie shows Pb structures (dark features), which all of a sudden shrink enormously in size. This fast yet unexplored transition will be investigated within this project.
Tuesday 21 November 2017
More recent news
- Mon 21 Jan 2019PhD defence Edwin Dollekamp
- Thu 29 Nov 2018KHMW Shell prize for Martina Tsvetanova
- Thu 29 Nov 2018Single channel ballistic transport in epitaxial graphene
- Tue 9 Oct 2018The physics behind the water bottle flip
- Wed 11 Apr 2018Symposium of the Dutch Vacuum Society