The 2017 symposium on Applications of Superconductivity and Cryogenics will be held on December 1st. This annual one-day symposium is organized by the research chair Energy, Materials and Systems (EMS) and the special chair Industrial Applications of Superconductivity (ITS) at the University of Twente.
The 2017 symposium will be held on Friday December 1st at the Conference Center Drienerburght on the campus of the University of Twente (http://www.drienerburght.nl)
Our research projects on superconductivity and cryogenics that we perform in cooperation with companies, other universities and research institutes will be presented. The program also includes a report on the achievements of the special research chair ITS and on the developments concerning the foundation SuperACT. During the day you will be updated on recent developments in the field of superconductivity and cryogenics. It will also allow you to meet our partners in research and development. We highly value your comments on objectives, content, and planning of our research program.
Topics that among others will be covered include:
- Development of a 4 MW class superconducting wind-turbine generator (EU-EcoSwing project)
- 110 kV AC superconducting cable in the Netherlands Power Grid (Supernet NL project)
- Snapfreezing in Medical Applications (STW CryoOn project)
- Magnetic Density Separation using Superconducting coils (STW Perspectief)
- Magnet system for ship DeGaussing
- Development of ReBCO-CORC based Cable-in-Conduit Superconductors for very high currents
- High Temperature Superconducting Magnet developments at CERN
- Superconducting Linear Motor Developments for waver positioning
Attendance is by invitation only. In case you are interested and have not received an invitation yet, please send an email to the address below with a brief motivation. Further details on the program will be published shortly.
Invitation requests to:
Phone: + 31 53 489 3841 or 5378
Marcel ter Brake, chair holder EMS, chairman of SuperACT
Herman ten Kate, chair holder ITS