The institutions for higher education below have all signed an agreement with the University of Twente allowing UT students to study at their institution. Keep in mind that partner institutions may only allow a limited number of students to study at their institution. Always contact your faculty contact person for more information about studying at these UT partners. Also, almost every faculty organizes information meetings about internships and studies abroad. All UT students who will do their study abroad have to register via the registration system Mobility Online.
- Credit Conversion
In case ECTS credits are given the credits can be taken over 1 on 1. In case the country where the credits are obtained isn’t one of the ECTS using countries, please check the Credit Conversion website:
- Staff Exchange
An overview of all staff agreements.
- European Partner universities
Download an overview of all European Partner universities in excel-data format.
- Non-EU partner Universities
- RMIT University - Part of Erasmus+ Project 2019-2022
- University of Melbourne (ET, S&T, EEMCS students only; Academic requirement: the equivalent to a minimum 'C' average in the European system) - Part of Erasmus+ Project 2019-2022
- University of New South Wales (GPA requirements: equivalent to 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale, or 65% or credit average) - Part of Erasmus+ Project 2019-2022.
- University of South Australia - Part of Erasmus+ Project 2019-2022
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Students can only apply for undergraduate courses)
- City University of Hong Kong (ET, S&T, EEMCS students only; no guaranteed housing on campus. Master level courses are very limited and subject to more strict CityU departmental approval.)
- Universitas Indonesia (GPA requirements: equivalent to 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale)
- Nagoya University (GPA requirements: equivalent to 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale)
- Saitama University (S&T, EEMCS, UTC ATLAS students only)
- Tohoku University (ET, BMS, EEMCS, UTC ATLAS students only)
For the Fall JYPE program first contact Tohoku researchers to obtain written proof of positive reply in Oct/Nov latest on a request for research in a lab at Tohoku. Please note that this does not guarantee nomination to Tohoku.
- Tecnológico de Monterrey - Campus Guadelajara
- Tecnológico de Monterrey - Campus Monterrey
- Tecnológico de Monterrey - Campus Querétaro
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Hanyang University (School of Business can not guarantee seats!)
- KAIST (ET, S&T, EEMCS students only; GPA requirements: equivalent to 3.0 GPA on 4.3 scale)
- Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) (EEMCS, S&T, UTC ATLAS students only; GPA requirements: equivalent to 3.0 GPA on 4.3 scale)
- National Chiao Tung University
College of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Students are required to meet the minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 Scale.
College of Computer Science (CS) Students are required to meet a minimum 3.5 GPA on a 5.0 scale or 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
College of Biological Science and Technology (Bo-Ai Campus) Biology related courses grade should meet a minimum of B-level/2.75/70.
College of Management Undergraduate students are limited to final-year students. Students are required to meet the minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Courses offered by the College of Management are often popular and competitive. Due to professors’ consideration, background knowledge or other reasons, there is a possibility that students may not be able to select and get into the course.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (Advanced Techology, Chemical Science & Engineering, Computer Science, Creative Technology & ATLAS only)
Always consult your faculty contact person first on how to be nominated for a non-EU partner university before the faculty-deadlines below. Each faculty has its own deadline for applications.
For most partner institutions: if the number of applications for a partner institution is larger than the number of places available there will be a random draw.
- Deadline for start in Fall semester: 1 February
- Deadline for start in Spring semester: 7 September
Please note: If you intend to go abroad for the Spring semester, we recommend to apply as soon as possible. You may already apply for the Spring semester before the Fall semester deadline (February).
- Faculty specific non-EU partner universities
In the excel files below the institutions for higher education that all have a signed agreement with faculties of the University of Twente can be found. These agreements allow UT students to study at their institution. Keep in mind that partner institutions may only allow a limited number of students to study at their institution. Always contact your faculty contact person for more information about studying at these UT partners.
- Faculty contact persons