* A Ph.D. degree in biology, plant science or in a closely related discipline (or expect to graduate very soon)
- Profound knowledge of environmental plant physiology
- Confirmed affinity with measurement instrumentation
* Enthusiasm to address a complex problem within a dynamic environment.
* Excellent team-working and communication skills.
* A dynamic, pro-active character and excellent communication skills, as well as shown capabilities in publication and presentation.
* The ambition to excel in research.
If you are interested we encourage you to express interest as soon as possible. Screening of applications will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
Use the 'Apply now' button to send us:
* Your detailed CV, including a list of publications and conference contributions.
* A brief motivation letter (max. 1 page) explaining your motivations, goals and research interests, and how they are aligned with this position.* Name, email and phone of two scientists able and willing to provide references
* An exciting research project at the forefront of the field.
* A full-time appointment for two years
* A gross monthly salary in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, scale 10, depending on your experience
- Possibility to collaborate with a large group of researchers and engineers within various research groups (University of Twente and project partner institutions)
- Access to modern laboratory facilities with professional technical support
* An attractive package of fringe benefits including moving expenses, holiday and end-of-year allowances, and excellent sports facilities.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.