The University of Twente is located in the east of the Netherlands. It offers a dynamic campus, excellent facilities and the possibility to work in- and with- famous research groups.
Professor Bram Nauta’s Integrated Circuit Design (ICD) group focuses on various aspects of analog and Radio Frequency (RF) Integrated Circuits (IC). The group's motto is “fundamental solutions for practical problems” and under this vision, it has contributed many fundamental new ideas in circuit design. The IC Design group has made high-impact inventions in analog filters, thermal noise cancelling amplifiers, ultra-low power analog to digital converters, software-defined radio, mixer-first receivers, N-path filters and sub-sampling phase locked loops. The group is a world leader and initiator of many new research directions, which also find their application in industrial products. The group has a strong collaboration with the global semiconductor industry.
We have 9 vacancies for Ph.D. positions in Analog and RF Integrated Circuit Design in various projects funded by funding agencies as well as industry. Are you interested in one of the following Ph.D. positions?
- RF CMOS Circuit Design
- Analog Circuit Design
- Analog to Digital Conversion
- Digital to Analog Conversion
- Frequency Synthesizer Design
- Mixed Analog / Digital Signal processing
We have access to advanced CMOS fabrication technology nodes and a well-equipped laboratory for evaluation of test-chips. We offer a very collaborative atmosphere and you will benefit from our broad knowledge and experience. A team of well-known professors in the field (professors Bram Nauta, Eric Klumperink, Anne-Johan Annema, Ronan van der Zee and Mark Oude Alink) will supervise you in this position.
Since we will invest a lot of our time in your education, development and career, we have to be very selective in our admission process for PhD students.
- You are highly motivated and an enthusiastic researcher (F/M).
- You have a MSc degree with excellent grades in Electrical Engineering, with a specialization in Analog or RF design.
- You are an independent and original thinker with a creative mindset.
- You are a fast thinker with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- You have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment.
- You are fluent in English.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application before July 12th, 2019 via the "apply now" button below, and include:
- A brief letter of interest and your motivation to apply for this position, including the date from which you will be available (the start date is negotiable);
- Curriculum Vitae (listing the time of education/degrees and work experience and any relevant scientific publications).
- The e-mail addresses of two references that we may contact, who are familiar with your academic work and can judge your potential to be a PhD student.
- If English is not your native language, a document stating either an overall band score of 6.5 in an academic IELTS-test (International Language Test), or an internet based TOEFL (TOEFL-iBT) with a score of at least 22 for each of the four categories.
- Copies of exam results (both bachelor and master) and certificates.
- Copies of (up to 5) scientific works, including master thesis.
Please note: you are required to fill in an additional questionnaire before we can process your application, via this link: https://forms.gle/pzohbZTdwNTKaXAW8
If you fulfill the requirements, you may be asked to send in an introduction video of max. 3 minutes. The next step in the selection procedure would be a (Skype) interview.
For more information about the positions, please contact our secretary Mrs. Gerdien Lammers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be appointed on a fulltime position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year, within a very stimulating scientific environment;
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues;
- Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU);
- You will receive a salary ranging from €2.325,- gross per month at the start to €2.972,- in the fourth year;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- A training program in which you and your supervisor will make up a plan for additional suitable education and supervision;
- We encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+, CTIT and MIRA.