Anne van der Veen
University of Twente
Complete list of partners
March 2004 – Feb 2008
Background and objectives
The FLOODsite project covers the physical, environmental, ecological and socio-economic aspects of floods from rivers, estuaries and the sea. The project is arranged into seven themes covering:
- Risk analysis – hazard sources, pathways and vulnerability of receptors.
- Risk management – pre-flood measures and flood emergency management.
- Technological integration – decision support and uncertainty.
- Pilot applications – for river, estuary and coastal sites.
- Training and knowledge uptake – guidance for professionals, public
- information and educational material.
- Networking, review and assessment.
- Co-ordination and management.
Within these themes there are over 30 project tasks including the pilot applications in Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and the UK.