PHD student Umair Jamil Ur Rahman of Thermal Engineering group received the second prize award for best research poster on drying during the Nederlandse Werkgroep Drogen (NWGD) symposium on 28th of November at Wageningen University. The prize was sponsored by (NWGD) with a cheque of 750 Euros. Umair Jamil is working in the ISPT project Radial Multizone Dryer (DR-20-10), and beforehand in the Vortex II project (DR-20-05), both running in the Drying & Dewatering Cluster. The current status of his research is that the performance of the vortex chamber dryer, in fact an axial multizone dryer, has evolved in the development of radial multizone dryer. A 100 kg/h pilot unit is being designed and CFD model simulations are being carried out to support the design and scale up to the pilot unit.
Monday 21 January 2019
More recent news
- Tue 22 Feb 2022Dr. Yashar Hajimolana is part of recently awarded MOOI-SIGOHE proposal
- Tue 18 May 2021Dr. Miguel Muñoz Rojo wins € 1 million from NWO for his research proposal on Homeostatic Operation of baTteries - HOT.
- Thu 3 Dec 2020Ice miracle in Winterswijk by technology developed by the Thermal Engineering group (Telegraaf 1 dec 2020)
- Tue 9 Jun 2020Special Issue "Energy Storage Integrated Process Systems"
- Mon 23 Mar 2020Special Issue "Heat and Mass Transfer in Multi-phase Flows"