PHD student Umair Jamil Ur Rahman of Thermal Engineering group received the second prize award for best research poster on drying during the Nederlandse Werkgroep Drogen (NWGD) symposium on 28th of November at Wageningen University. The prize was sponsored by (NWGD) with a cheque of 750 Euros. Umair Jamil is working in the ISPT project Radial Multizone Dryer (DR-20-10), and beforehand in the Vortex II project (DR-20-05), both running in the Drying & Dewatering Cluster. The current status of his research is that the performance of the vortex chamber dryer, in fact an axial multizone dryer, has evolved in the development of radial multizone dryer. A 100 kg/h pilot unit is being designed and CFD model simulations are being carried out to support the design and scale up to the pilot unit.
Monday 21 January 2019
More recent news
- Tue 9 Jun 2020Special Issue "Energy Storage Integrated Process Systems"
- Mon 23 Mar 2020Special Issue "Heat and Mass Transfer in Multi-phase Flows"
- Thu 12 Mar 2020Prof. Gerrit Brem and Dr. Yashar Hajimolana have been awarded European Regional Development Fund for “Smart Energy Grid for Nijmegen Region”.
- Mon 14 Oct 2019Read Dr. Miguel Muñoz Rojo recent Science Advances publication in collaboration with Prof. Pop group at Stanford University and its news (Stanford news & Nature) about it!
- Wed 18 Sep 2019TE group of University of Twente is hosting the first Eurotherm seminar on Caloric Heating and Cooling