Welcome to our home page! Since 2007 we have supervised more than 20 project/master students in the field of granular materials and powders. These topics are partly belonging to our ongoing projects. Most of our research projects have strong connection to the Dutch as well as international industry. To get a gist of the myriad of ventures for a MSc student follow the presentation given in MSc-Voorlichting.
Lists of projects currently offered at MSM can be found below:
- Wave Propagation In Soil-Water Mixtures at high Pressure.
- Noise Absorption In Asphalt Mixtures.
- Modelling Asphalt With Discrete Particles And Continuum Methods.
- Cohesive powders (Regolith) properties study using DEM simulations.
- Simulations of particle-laden tyre rubber.
- Multi-scale modeling of particle-Motion in Fluid.
- Ultrasound interaction with bone: simulations and experiment.
- Micro-Macro Models for Rotations in Granular Media and Powders.
- Hydrodynamic theory of wet particle systems.
- Micro-Macro Models for Anisotropy in Granular Media and Powders.
- 3D printing by Selective Laser Sintering.
- How large is an elastic regime in granular material packings?
- Effect of drum shape on segregation.
- Modelling the granular flow in a rotating drum by the Eulerian finite element method.
- Finite Element modelling of glass-rubber mixtures.
- Designing granular metamaterials.
- Wave propagation in clays: Physical experiment sand particle simulations.
- Wave propagation in soil-water mixtures at high pressure.
- Modelling of asphaltic dike revetments under wave loading (Experimental tests and FEM modelling).
- Modelling of asphaltic dike revetments under wave loading (Experimental tests and DEM modelling).
- Simulating a cylinder in a Granular fluid.
- Investigation of the jamming point using 3D stress birefringent techniques.
- Blow the snow.