Welcome to our homepage! Since 2007 we have supervised more than 20 projects/master students in the field of granular materials and powders. These topics are partly belonging to our ongoing projects. Most of our research projects have a strong connection to the Dutch as well as international industry.
Lists of projects currently offered at MSM can be found below:
- Wave Propagation In Soil-Water Mixtures at high Pressure.
- Noise Absorption In Asphalt Mixtures.
- Modelling Asphalt With Discrete Particles And Continuum Methods.
- Cohesive powders (Regolith) properties study using DEM simulations.
- Simulations of particle-laden tyre rubber.
- Multi-scale modeling of particle-Motion in Fluid.
- Ultrasound interaction with bone: simulations and experiment.
- Micro-Macro Models for Rotations in Granular Media and Powders.
- Hydrodynamic theory of wet particle systems.
- 3D printing by Selective Laser Sintering.
- How large is an elastic regime in granular material packings?
- Effect of drum shape on segregation.
- Modelling the granular flow in a rotating drum by the Eulerian finite element method.
- Finite Element modelling of glass-rubber mixtures.
- Designing granular metamaterials.
- Wave propagation in clays: Physical experiment sand particle simulations.
- Wave propagation in soil-water mixtures at high pressure.
- Modelling of asphaltic dike revetments under wave loading (Experimental tests and FEM modelling).
- Modelling of asphaltic dike revetments under wave loading (Experimental tests and DEM modelling).
- Simulating a cylinder in a Granular fluid.
- Investigation of the jamming point using 3D stress birefringent techniques.
- Blow the snow.
- Internship: Flow Pattern Simulation/Modeling in Square Silos