You have an insight into your personal strengths and weaknesses.
You are able to use different communication and leadership styles.
You understand how to lead others in an academic context.
- In the first module, we take time to get acquainted with each other and the program. The focus is on you as a leader; what are your strengths and weaknesses and what are communication and leadership styles that you can use.
- The second module further explores techniques and models on how to lead people and manage daily operations. It also helps you to focus and set priorities to achieve your goals.
- During the third module, we focus on making change happen. What is your vision for the coming years and how do you manage important stakeholders to get where you want to be?
- Check-in and contracting skills
- Pull and push styles of communication
- Situational leadership;
- Coaching and feedback;
- Your leadership strengths and pitfalls;
- Setting priorities and stakeholder management;
- Team development;
- Peercoaching on leadership dillemma’s.
An intake takes place prior to the training. In this, the learning question is defined and a final decision is made as to whether participation is appropriate.
You follow the course with academics in similar leadership positions within the organization. This allows you to see dilemmas from different perspectives. Your active participation is required. We ask you to share your challenges and pitfalls and at times we will discuss personal matters. All this is done in a safe and confidential environment that we create together.
Several tools and frameworks will be presented and discussed. You will actively explore if and how these models apply to your situation and how they can help you understand your own context. Together with your peers, you will learn (new) skills which you will practice during the training You will try out these skills in your daily work life and reflect on them with other participants throughout and in between modules.
If you do not have hierarchical managerial responsibilities, but you do have to direct or motivate people, check the training Influential coaching, and effective management