Semester 1: Minor space
During the first semester, students can choose from various options at the University of Twente or they can go abroad.
More information about the minor space and the possibilities for its content can be found at the UT minor site.
Note that a student must have obtained 90ECs (i.e. 6 modules) of his 1st and 2nd year CreaTe program to be allowed to start with the courses in the minor space.
Semester 2: graduation semester
The graduation semester is composed as displayed in the following table:
The four topics of the graduation semester
- [5 EC] Real World Challenges deal with success factors for the introduction of technology.
- They study these success factors from within a specific application domain (in module 7 success factors for instance were mainly addressed from a business perspective).
- They provide tools to reason about these success factors from the user’s (human) viewpoint, not from the technology’s viewpoint. They build on insights of behavioural and management sciences.
- [5 EC] The reflection component is interwoven with the graduation project and will add more “depth” to the graduation project by means of contemplation
- [3 EC] The academic writing component is also interwoven with the graduation project. It focuses on the development of both (academic style) English and scientific writing and will use your graduation project’s thesis as a case.
- [17 EC] The graduation project is an individually executed design project with a context and goals, preferably set by an external party (e.g. company, non-profit organisation, educational organisation, research organisation etcetera). From within the CreaTe program a supervisor will be appointed who serves both as a guide and examiner for the graduation project.