See Personal circumstances

Studying with a disability, handicap or illness

disclose your
personal circumstances
disclosure form

This can be physical, sensory, cognitive disabilities, chronical illnesses and mental health conditions (e.g. autism, depression, ADD, ADHD and dyslexia) 

Facility request

When you (expect to) experience problems or impediment in your study environment due to a disability or illness, the UT can support you with additional facilities and guidance. The application procedure is laid down in the step-by-step guide applying for facilities.

Contact the diversity co-ordinator for more information and advice about studying with a disability.

Psychological Help

Contact the student psychologist if you have personal problems that affect your study.


In some cases, you may be eligible for financial support. Handicap & Studie provides information on funding  
Check the information of the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs (DUO)  in case of study delay due to disabilities or illness. You may also be eligible for UT financial support through the FOBOS, Force Majeure Allowance Regulation. 

Make an appointment with one of the student counsellors to discuss your possibilities. The student counsellor informs you about the regulations and helps you with your request.

Get informed

Handicap & Studie, Dutch expertise centre for studying with disabilities offers an informative overview of what you need to know and what you need to be prepared for when you study in the Netherlands with a disability. 

Studying in the
Netherlands with
more information
(you will be redirected to website of Handicap & Studie, Dutch expertise centre of studying with disabilities)