Vahid Yazdanpanah, MSc, MBA
University of Twente
Faculty of Behavioural Management and Social Sciences
Dep. Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
Room: RA 3333 (Ravelijn)
E-mail: v.yazdanpanah [at] utwente.nl
I am currently doing my PhD research under supervision of Prof. Dr. Henk Zijm and Dr. Devrim Yazan in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems (IEBIS) at the University of Twente. My research is a part of SHAREBOX project. The goal of this EU2020 project is to develop a secure management platform for shared process resources. Our aim at IEBIS is to develop intelligent decision support tools that will be integrated into the SHAREBOX platform. The intended application domain of this research is industrial symbiotic networks.
I completed my Master in Artificial Intelligence (MSc) at Utrecht University, under supervision of Dr. Mehdi Dastani. I also hold a Master degree in Business Administration (MBA) from University of Greenwich in a joint program with Saxion UAS.
My focus is on intelligent agent technology, decision support concepts, and formal methods for multi-agent systems. In particular, modelling the behaviour of multi-agent systems and logical frameworks to represent and reason about decision processes in multi-agent settings. The following points characterise my general research interests:
- Autonomous agents and their interaction
- Logics and formal methods for multi-agent systems
- Strategic decision making and game theoretic approaches
- Virtual organizations and collaborative networks
- Social choice theory and mechanism design
- Group responsibility and related socio-technical concepts
Best paper award of PRIMA 2016 (19th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems) for “Distant Group Responsibility in Multi-Agent Systems” (joint work with Mehdi Dastani) (2016).
For electronic editions and further bibliographic details, please visit my dblp page.
- Vahid Yazdanpanah and Mehdi Dastani. Quantified Degrees of Group Responsibility. In Proceedings of 19th International Workshop on Coordination, Organizations, Institutions, and Norms in Multi-Agent Systems (COIN 2015), May 2015, Istanbul, Turkey (Revised Selected Papers).
- Vahid Yazdanpanah and Mehdi Dastani. Quantified Group Responsibility in Multi-Agent Systems. In Proceedings of 17th Workshop “From Object to Agents” (WOA 2016), July 2016, Catania, Italy.
- Vahid Yazdanpanah and Mehdi Dastani. Distant Group Responsibility in Multi-Agent Systems. In Proceedings of 19th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems (PRIMA 2016), August 2016, Phuket, Thailand (Best Paper Award).
POSTERS and PRESENTATIONS
- Vahid Yazdanpanah. Group Responsibility in Multi-Agent Settings. Poster and presentation at the 27th Benelux Conference on Artificial Intelligence (BNAIC 2015), November 2015, Hasselt, Belgium.
- Vahid Yazdanpanah, Mehdi Dastani and Henk Zijm. Graded Group Responsibility: A Power-Based Approach. Presentation at the 10th International Conference on Collective Intentionality (CI 2016), August 2016, The Hague, The Netherlands.