University of Twente
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences
Dep. Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
Room: RA 3402 (Ravelijn)
Tel: (+31 53 489) 4144
Andrej Dobrkovic is a PhD candidate within the department Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems, at the University of Twente (Enschede). After four years of assisting in teaching Programming Principles at the University of Belgrade, where he finished his BSc and MSc, Andrej worked in the IT / logistics industry as developer, supply chain coordinator, consultant and IT auditor. Wishing to combine academic and industry experience, he joined Synchromodal IT project, focusing on data mining in order to support decision making processes of Synchromodal IT platform.
Andrej’s research goal is to introduce the concept of Intelligence Amplification into business environment. Based on symbiosis of human decision maker and intelligent agent, this concept is expected to enable the decision maker to respond rapidly and accurately in uncertain environment, even when challenged with large sets of input data. Suitability of IA to add value and enhance business operations will be tested in both serious games and real-life industry (logistics) scenarios.
- Intelligence Amplification
- Data Mining
- Serious Games
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Dobrkovic, A., Liu, L., Iacob, M. E., & van Hillegersberg, J. (forthcoming, 2016). Intelligence amplification framework for enhancing scheduling processes. In Proceedings of the IBERAMIA 2016.
- Dobrkovic, A., Iacob, M. E., & van Hillegersberg, J. (forthcoming, 2016). Maritime pattern extraction from AIS data using a genetic algorithm. In Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference Data Science and Advanced Analytics.
- Dobrkovic, A., Iacob, M. E., & van Hillegersberg, J. (2015, October). Using machine learning for unsupervised maritime waypoint discovery from streaming AIS data. In Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Knowledge Technologies and Data-driven Business (p. 16). ACM.
- Dobrkovic, A., Iacob, M. E., van Hillegersberg, J., Mes, M. R., & Glandrup, M. (2016). Towards an approach for long term AIS-based prediction of vessel arrival times. In Logistics and Supply Chain Innovation (pp. 281-294). Springer International Publishing.
- Certificate in recognition of world semi-finalist finish, Microsoft Imagine Cup Competition, Visual Gaming – AI programming battle (2006).
- Certificate in recognition of world semi-finalist finish, Microsoft Imagine Cup Competition, Visual Gaming – AI programming battle (2005).
- Certificate of Achievement, ACM South-eastern Europe Programming Contest (2002).
- Certificate of Achievement, ACM South-eastern Europe Programming Contest (2001).