Kars Otten, a PhD candidate at the University of Twente, and his colleagues have immersed themselves in the challenges of promoting social interaction amongst the elderly. Nature has been found to have a positive effect in this context. Together with Gerben Westerhof and Thomas van Rompay from the University of Twente, Debby Gerritsen from the Radboud UMC and Jan-Willem van ‘t Klooster from the BMS lab, he will investigate how digital nature can be used as a tool to enable storytelling. In this case, nature is used as a type of conversation starter. Thanks to an application developed together with the BMS lab and portable beamers, they can now bring elements of digital nature to any setting.
Wednesday 1 April 2020
More recent news
- Fri 8 Jan 2021RESEARCH AND POLICY AGENDA TO TACKLE DIGITAL INEQUALITIES
- Fri 25 Sep 2020Mastering digital skills is vital but digital literacy education is often deficient and unequal
- Thu 27 Aug 2020Research COVID-19
- Fri 6 Mar 2020Approaching socio-digital inequalities from a global perspective:
- Fri 6 Mar 2020What are E-ssential Skills?