A curriculum gives an overview of the courses to be done for the MSc Applied Physics. The study programme shows in what quarter the courses will be taught. In the year summary important educational acitivities, deadlines and holidays can be found.
From the academic year 2021-2022, the following changes apply to the programming of the AP courses listed below;
- 201300141 - Wave Optics moved from block 2A (Q3) to 1A (Q1)
- 201300139 - Laser Physics moved from block 1A (Q1) to 1B (Q2)
- 193520030 - Nonlinear Optics moved from block 1B (Q2) to 2A (Q3)
- 193515000 - Quantum Optics is split into 202100083 Quantum Optics (Pepijn Pinkse) and Quantum Information (Jelmer Renema)
- 202100083 - Quantum Optics moved from block 1A (Q1) to 1B (Q2)
- 202100078 - Quantum Information is programmed in block 1A (Q1)
- 193510020 - Electronic structure Theory I 1B (Q2) and 93510030 - Electronic structure Theory II 2A (Q3) are replaced bij 202100210 - Electronic Structure Theory which is moved to 2B (Q4) (U.r.)
The curriculum for students with a Bachelor of Applied Sciences (hbo) Applied Physics or Electrical Engineering is slightly different. (Depending on whether or not the transferminor AP is part of the Bachelor hbo degree the student has to do a premaster programme.)
The specialization courses and the elective courses can be used to personalize the Applied Physics programme. A student can choose to have a more general Applied Physics programme, or can choose to specialize in one of our disciplinary or interdisciplinary specialization programmes.
Double programme AM-AP
Double programme NT-AP
Double programme CHE-AP
Double programme SET-AP
Double programme BME-AP
It is possible to combine the MSc Applied Physics with the MSc Science Education Physics (Lerarenopleiding Natuurkunde).
Double programme LO-AP
A Master Honours programme is a 15 EC programme aimed at students who want to enrich their study experience. Students can choose from three tracks, each having a unique character and developmental goals.