Do you remember your first time searching for a job? Did you succeed in getting a job in the field of your preference right away? What did you learn along the way? The UT Alumni Office organises an Online Career Café in corporation with UT Career Services. We are looking for UT alumni all over the world, who would like to share their career experiences with UT students in the final stage of their studies.
Thursday 18 February, 16.30h - 18.30h (16.30 - 18:30 PM).
Why should you join?
- To make a difference for students and help them finding their own career path.
- To find nice future colleagues
- To get an interesting opportunity to network with fellow-alumni
- Because it is meaningful, fun and informative to support students
- To keep in touch with the University of Twente.
How does it work?
During the UT Online Career Café, alumni share their career experiences with small groups of max. three students, in two rounds of 45 minutes each. The students are invited to ask questions like:
- How did you find your first job?
- Did you plan to find a job in this specific field/country/city?
- What does your typical working day look like?
- What is the relevance of extra-curricular activities in the job hunt?
- Did you have a job interview and what questions were you asked?
- How did you experience the transition from studying to working?
Introductory meeting, 11 February 16.30h - 17.30h (4:30 - 5:30 PM)
As preparation for the Online Career Café we will set up an online meeting for all alumni who participate in this event.
In this meeting, you will receive all necessary information about the career café and meet the other participating alumni. Of course, there is room to ask questions and to share experiences with the other alumni.
Registration is possible by signing up via the form available through this link.