Do you remember your first time searching for a job? Did you succeed in getting a job in the field of your preference right away? What did you learn along the way? The UT Alumni Office organizes an Online Career Café in cooperation with UT Career Services. We are looking for UT alumni all over the world, who would like to share their career experiences with UT students in the final stage of their studies.
- Monday, March 25th, 16.00 - 18.00, online. This session focuses on alumni and companies that are not located in the East of the Netherlands.
- Tuesday, March 26th,16.00 - 18.00, in-person at the UT campus. This session focuses on alumni working at companies in the East of the Netherlands.
Why should you join?
- To make a difference for students and help them find their own career path.
- To find nice future colleagues
- To get an interesting opportunity to network with fellow alumni
- Because it is meaningful, fun, and informative to support students
- To keep in touch with the University of Twente.
Alumni experiences from previous editions
“Talking to UT’ers always feels like being home”
“It gives great satisfaction to be able to share something with students”
“It is a pleasure to help students starting their professional career. The students are very thankful”
“Besides, it brings you back to the good old times of being student. It also contributes to self-reflection”
“Not knowing what your next step will be is scary. That is the feeling many students may have before starting their first career-steps. Being there as an alumnus, listening to their fears and giving them some helpful tips is a gift for both the student and the alumnus”
In-person edition, November 2023
Online edition, November 2023
How does it work?
During the UT Online Career Café, alumni share their career experiences with small groups of max. three students, in two rounds of 45 minutes each. The students are invited to ask questions like:
- How did you get your first job?
- Did you encounter any pitfalls while searching for a job?
- Which skills are most important in your work?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- Were you planning to find a job in this specific field/country/city?
- How did you experience the transition from studying to working?
As preparation for your role as a mentor during the Career Café, we organize an introductory meeting for all participating alumni. During this workshop, you will receive information about the Career Café and get to know the other alumni who are participating. There will be space for you to ask your questions and exchange experiences with the other participants.