Do you remember your first time searching for a job? Did you succeed in getting a job in the field of your preference right away? What did you learn along the way? The UT Alumni Office organises another edition of the Career Cafe in cooperation with UT Career Services. We are looking for UT alumni all over the world, who would like to share their career experiences with UT students in the final stage of their studies.
- Tuesday 22 March, 4 PM - 6 PM, on the UT campus. This session is about the region East-Netherlands, so we invite all alumni working in the East of the Netherlands to join this session as a mentor.
- Thursday 24 March, 4 PM - 6 PM, online. This session is about working abroad or outside the East of the Netherlands, so we invite all alumni working outside the East-Netherlands to join this session as a mentor.
Why should you join?
- To make a difference for students and help them finding their own career path.
- To find nice future colleagues.
- To get an interesting opportunity to network with fellow alumni.
- Because it is meaningful, fun and informative to support students.
- To keep in touch with the University of Twente.
How does it work?
During the UT Online Career Cafe, alumni share their career experiences with small groups of max. four students, in two rounds of 45 minutes each. The students are invited to ask questions like:
- How did you get your first job?
- Did you encounter any pitfalls in searching for a job?
- Which skills are most important in your job?
- What do you like the most about your job?
- Were you planning to find a job in this particular case/country/city?
- How did you experience the transition from studying to working?
As preparation for the Career Cafe we will setup an online meeting for all alumni who participate in this event. In this meeting, you will receive all necessary information about the Career Cafe and meet the other participating alumni. Of course, there is room to ask questions and to share experiences with the other alumni.