Exchange semester abroad
Being a student in the MSc programmes Mechanical Engineering or Sustainable Energy Technology, you have the opportunity to study abroad for half a year. Contrary to an exchange period during an BSc programme in the first half of the third year, for which you can choose a huge variety of subjects, your choice of subjects during an exchange period in your master’s programme is restricted to certain fields. After all, the subjects you choose should fit within the chosen specialisation. This means that in order to have your chosen subjects integrated into your exam, you will need approval of your graduation professor.
If you're thinking about going abroad for half a year, what should you do?
- have a look at the faculty pages regarding student mobility; perhaps you'll find some (extra) arguments to go abroad which you hadn't thought of ...
- have a chat with the exchange coordinator during one of the consultation hours to talk about the available options
When you want to go for it:
- check/talk with your professor to find out if (s)he agrees with your rough plans. If so:
- find your most interesting university among the partner universities of our faculty
- notify your interest to the exchange coordinator by registering as indicated on the faculty pages . In these pages the complete "study abroad' procedure is given. The software you have to use to register your exchange period is called Mobility Online. After registration you will have a clear overview of all the steps to be taken in your so-called workflow.
- in the meanwhile, find out which subjects you would like to study. Unfortunately we do not have special "partner information leaflets", so you'll have to find your way around on the webpages of the partner university.
- make sure you have approval of your list of subjects from your graduation professor (see "study abroad procedure")
- register with your list of subjects at the partner university
- start organising all kinds of practical matters ...
- once you've arrived at the partner university: do NOT FORGET to login to Mobility Online to execute the next step in your workflow.
After coming back:
- after coming back home, you can use this form (in Dutch) to have your successfully finished subjects included in your exam programme.