In this interview Dominik Zumbühl talks about the second quantum revolution and the impact of quantum physics on the economy and the environment. His research is aiming to better understand and control the fundamentals of individual spins in ‘quantum transistors’. Recently, Dominik Zumbühl and his collaborators demonstrated an ultrafast quantum control of a hole spin qubit in a germanium/silicon core/shell nanowire corresponding to a spin flip of about one nanosecond (Froning et al.). This work was partially supported by TOPSQUAD.
Wednesday 25 November 2020
More recent news
- Tue 23 Feb 2021Ellectrically switchable qubit
- Wed 23 Dec 2020The germanium quantum information route published in Nature Reviews Materials
- Sat 31 Oct 2020Emitting Light From Silicon
- Tue 22 Sep 2020QUANT: UT builds nano components for quantum computing
- Sat 19 Sep 2020Introduction video TOPSQUAD