In this interview Dominik Zumbühl talks about the second quantum revolution and the impact of quantum physics on the economy and the environment. His research is aiming to better understand and control the fundamentals of individual spins in ‘quantum transistors’. Recently, Dominik Zumbühl and his collaborators demonstrated an ultrafast quantum control of a hole spin qubit in a germanium/silicon core/shell nanowire corresponding to a spin flip of about one nanosecond (Froning et al.). This work was partially supported by TOPSQUAD.
Wednesday 25 November 2020
More recent news
- Fri 14 Jan 2022Basel Precision Instruments - Giving researchers a better lens into the quantum world!
- Sun 26 Dec 2021Happy holidays and best wishes for 2022!
- Thu 25 Nov 2021New TOPSQUAD publication
- Wed 3 Nov 2021Equal opportunities activities at NCCR SPIN under the lead of Prof. Jelena Klinovaja (University of Basel)
- Fri 15 Oct 2021New material platform in TOPSQUAD: germanium quantum wells