In this interview Dominik Zumbühl talks about the second quantum revolution and the impact of quantum physics on the economy and the environment. His research is aiming to better understand and control the fundamentals of individual spins in ‘quantum transistors’. Recently, Dominik Zumbühl and his collaborators demonstrated an ultrafast quantum control of a hole spin qubit in a germanium/silicon core/shell nanowire corresponding to a spin flip of about one nanosecond (Froning et al.). This work was partially supported by TOPSQUAD.
Wednesday 25 November 2020
More recent news
- Wed 6 Jul 2022NanoPHAB - Silicon wafer nanopatterning for scalable quantum bits
- Thu 2 Jun 2022Work package meeting at the University of Basel
- Mon 25 Apr 2022New TOPSQUAD video at the Eindhoven University of Technology
- Tue 12 Apr 2022Introducing high school students to TOPSQUAD research
- Mon 14 Mar 2022Introducing TOPSQUAD research to high school students