The wetting properties of mica (a model substrate for clay-covered sandstone) with an adsorbed layer of crude oil depend not only on the composition of the ambient brine, but also on the brine in which the mica was immersed before adsorbing the oil. This study was performed in collaboration with BP (“Explore” program) in the NWO IPP project “Rock-on-a-Chip.
Thursday 23 April 2020
More recent news
- Tue 14 Jul 2020New project on CO2 fixation granted
- Thu 9 Jul 2020New article published: Charge Trapping‐Based Electricity Generator (CTEG): An Ultrarobust and High Efficiency Nanogenerator for Energy Harvesting from Water Droplets
- Tue 7 Jul 2020Harvesting energy from droplets
- Thu 18 Jun 2020New article published: Optical measurements of oil release from calcite packed beds in microfluidic channels
- Mon 18 May 2020Congratulations Dr. Simone van Lin