The STW Take-off grant, formerly known as the STW Valorisation Grant, has been awarded to the company Adv. Nanofibers, (www.advnanofibers.com) on their proposal to commercialize “Ceramic Nanofiber Paper”. The company was recently founded by Gerard Cadafalch Gazquez and Behruz Mammadov, and is a spin-off from the Inorganic & Hybrid Nanomaterials group of the MESA+ Institute of the University of Twente. The focus of the company lies on the development of nanofiber based products. Ceramic nanofiber paper is a light, thin, and fully flexible material. It is fire resistant and chemically inert because it is pure ceramic. The extraordinary combination of a ceramic material -typically hard and brittle compounds- that is as flexible as paper is of interest for a wide range of applications. The Take-off grant will be used to perform feasibility studies on these newly developed materials and perform market studies.
Friday 23 January 2015
More recent news
- Tue 18 Apr 2023Best Poster Award for Junia Solomon
- Wed 12 Apr 2023A grant for turning an insulator into a metal
- Tue 21 Mar 2023New material to create green hydrogen
- Thu 23 Feb 2023Vici grant for three UT professors
- Tue 24 Jan 2023Monica Morales-Masis and Massimo Sartori receive European support to bring research results closer to market