The STW Take-off grant, formerly known as the STW Valorisation Grant, has been awarded to the company Adv. Nanofibers, (www.advnanofibers.com) on their proposal to commercialize “Ceramic Nanofiber Paper”. The company was recently founded by Gerard Cadafalch Gazquez and Behruz Mammadov, and is a spin-off from the Inorganic & Hybrid Nanomaterials group of the MESA+ Institute of the University of Twente. The focus of the company lies on the development of nanofiber based products. Ceramic nanofiber paper is a light, thin, and fully flexible material. It is fire resistant and chemically inert because it is pure ceramic. The extraordinary combination of a ceramic material -typically hard and brittle compounds- that is as flexible as paper is of interest for a wide range of applications. The Take-off grant will be used to perform feasibility studies on these newly developed materials and perform market studies.
Friday 23 January 2015
More recent news
- Mon 15 Nov 2021Faster charging of batteries thanks to new material
- Thu 28 Oct 2021The most advanced lab-source XRD
- Thu 14 Oct 2021Dave Blank elected as APS Fellow
- Fri 21 May 2021Checking 'hidden layers' for creating greener batteries and catalysts
- Wed 17 Mar 2021Coherent success story