The STW Take-off grant, formerly known as the STW Valorisation Grant, has been awarded to the company Adv. Nanofibers, (www.advnanofibers.com) on their proposal to commercialize “Ceramic Nanofiber Paper”. The company was recently founded by Gerard Cadafalch Gazquez and Behruz Mammadov, and is a spin-off from the Inorganic & Hybrid Nanomaterials group of the MESA+ Institute of the University of Twente. The focus of the company lies on the development of nanofiber based products. Ceramic nanofiber paper is a light, thin, and fully flexible material. It is fire resistant and chemically inert because it is pure ceramic. The extraordinary combination of a ceramic material -typically hard and brittle compounds- that is as flexible as paper is of interest for a wide range of applications. The Take-off grant will be used to perform feasibility studies on these newly developed materials and perform market studies.
Friday 23 January 2015
More recent news
- Thu 12 Nov 2020'Exotic materials' become friends with silicon
- Wed 4 Nov 2020NWO-Vidi of 800,000 euros for 2 UT researchers
- Thu 24 Sep 2020Lithium batteries: new nanochannels make them charge faster
- Wed 8 Jul 2020Rebecca Saive Global Innovator under 35
- Fri 12 Jun 2020TCO for passivated contacts