Phone: +31 53 489 2786
Joost le Feber received the MSc in electrical engineering at Delft University and a PhD from the Medical Faculty at Erasmus University Rotterdam. His current research focuses on connectivity, plasticity, and excitability in (cultured) neuronal networks, aiming to bridge the gap between cellular neurophysiology and cognitive processes.
Cultured neuronal networks can be grown over a multi electrode array to observe activity in a number of neurons. Developing networks show spontaneous activity in certain patterns. They also react to electrical stimulation, which enables some kind of learning. The underlying mechanisms are investigated by developing models to describe the networks. Le Feber’s work belongs to the research theme "neurotechnology and cellular engineering" of the BSS group.
- Biomedical Engineering (BME), Technology for the Support of Human Function (1e quartile)
- Technical Medicine, module 3 (3e quartile)
- Neural System, theme 1 (3e quartile)
- Courses in Neurofysiologie (Biomedical Technology (BMT))
- Courses in Neurotechnology (3e quartile)