Call for Abstracts for a Joint Research Day
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology (MET) at Tampere University (TAU) and the Technical Medical Centre of the University of Twente (UT) have expressed mutual interest in strengthening the collaboration between the institutions in research, education and innovations activities. Based on a visit of a delegation of the TechMed Centre to the MET faculty in October 2022, initial collaboration areas have been identified and the first plans for deepening the collaboration have been drafted. As the next step, we aim to widen and deepen the collaboration actions.
Both institutions already have experience with internal Research Days. In order to stimulate knowledge exchange and matchmaking, we will organize an online Joint Research Day with selected thematic talks and matchmaking sessions on the 4th of April, 2023. This is aimed to be a start for more in-depth discussions on collaboration areas.
Furthermore, participants are encouraged to follow up bilaterally after the Joint Research Day. After the online session on the 4th of April, all participants are invited to apply for TAU-UT collaboration vouchers. The vouchers will be applied by using a separate form to be opened later. Five vouchers of € 5.000,- are available at each university, to stimulate visits and short stays of research group members at the other university and to be able to perform some initial joint research experiments, preferably leading to a joint publication or grant application.
(set in dutch times)
30 min in advance
Online doors open
1 - 1.20 PM
Opening and introduction of organisations
1.20 - 2.20 PM
Thematic parallel programme - part 1
2.20 - 2.30 PM
Plenary wrap up part 1
2.30 - 2.50 PM
2.50 - 3.50 PM
Thematic parallel programme - part 2
3.50 - 4 PM
Plenary wrap-up & Closing words
4 - 4.30 PM
Breakout rooms open for potential exchange of personal details
The Research Day is mainly organized for the younger researchers and also to stimulate their international exposure:
- PhD students
- Assistant Professors
With this call for abstracts, we ask researchers from both institutions to submit proposals for contributions to this Joint Research Day. As the aim of the event is to facilitate collaboration and start new research activities in the organizations, the abstracts and talks are favoured to present research activities at a more general level. They can also include ideas and needs for collaboration. The submission deadline is March 8th. Six speakers will be selected for each thematic session from the abstracts submitted. The selection will be made by the organizing committee to ensure a well-balanced and inspiring program with a high likelihood of starting new collaborations.
In order to stimulate actual matchmaking leading to collaboration between the research groups of both institutions, all submitted abstracts will be published online beforehand to be used for matchmaking sessions.
Call for proposals & registration form online
Submission deadline for the abstracts
Communicating assigned slots to applicants
Joint Research day (more detailed info below)
Call for Collaboration proposal vouchers online
Submission deadline for the Collaboration proposals vouchers
Communicating assigned Collaboration proposals vouchers to applicants
To participate in this you have to register and upload your abstract via the link below. Please take into account the following aspects:
- Summary, max 300 words, including the introduction of current research & possible needs and ideas for collaboration
- In English
- The deadline for submitting the abstract is on March 8, 11:59 PM.
Tampere Univesity - Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology (MET) is dedicated to pursuing world-class research and delivering high-quality education in the fields of biomedical engineering, biotechnology, medicine and health technology. We conduct internationally acclaimed basic and applied research.
- The Tampere university community’s areas of priority are technology, health and society. Our Faculty brings together research expertise in medicine, biosciences and technology and is committed to generating new knowledge and solutions that promote health and well-being and benefit both individuals and the broader society. Our research interests focus on biomaterials, biosensors, immunology, clinical medicine, tissue engineering, computational systems, imaging, and cell and molecular biology.
- MET hosts extensive research infrastructure: MET Core-facilities and Services
- Our multidisciplinary Faculty provides a state-of-the-art environment for research that encompasses biotechnology, medicine and technology. Our high-quality basic research paves the way for applied research with commercial potential.
- Our close collaboration with the healthcare sector enables us to utilise our research findings, such as new diagnostic methods and treatment options, in clinical practice. Our Faculty is also a member of SPARK Finland, a programme that offers commercialisation support for academic researchers and research-based startups and promotes the growth of internationally competitive health tech businesses in Finland.
University of Twente - Technical Medical Centre Institute
Improving healthcare by personalized technology
The Technical Medical Centre (TechMed Centre) is a leading Innovation Hub impacting healthcare by excellent Research, Innovation and Educational programmes. It is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure, ranging from research labs, preclinical testbeds and simulated hospital environments.
Impact on healthcare
In our mission to impact society, we stimulate entrepreneurship and enable (new) companies to grow within our regional Novel-T ecosystem. We collaborate with industry, hospitals, governments and insurance agencies on the development of new solutions for healthcare.