EXPERTISE - Silver Workers Fit for the Future
Employees must be involved in the digital transformation of purchasing and supply management, focusing on the so-called silver workers (the older generation), who find it harder to access digital solutions. Society and companies cannot afford to lose skilled workers for tasks in digitalized purchasing and supply management. On the other hand, experienced employees have valuable knowledge that must be retained and integrated even in times of Industry 4.0.
EXPERTISE - Experienced Purchasers Education Research Transfer for Industry 4.0 Skills Expertise
The EXPERTISE project is designed to enable Silver Workers in Purchasing and Supply Management to enhance their digital skills in a way that enables them to collaborate inclusively with digital natives and develop solutions to the current challenge. EXPERTISE ensures the employability of individual workers in the transformation of Industry 4.0 and, at the same time, the competitiveness of employers. Finally, the project promotes the competence development of buyers in different regional labor markets within the EU.
Objectives of the project:
- To qualify Silver Workers in Purchasing and Supply Management to operate successfully in the digitalized environment and to integrate them into the organizational transformation.
- To enable an individual competence analysis for Silver Workers in Purchasing and Supply Management that takes into account the challenges of digitalization in terms of working methods, technologies, and tasks.
- Learning materials adapted to the needs of Silver Workers for the development of digital competencies in PSM are to be made available.
- A learning program tailored to the individual user is to be created so that the individually relevant competencies are efficiently improved.
- The competence analysis tool and the corresponding learning materials are to be developed and disseminated throughout Europe in close cooperation with industry partners.
Here you can find the website of the project: https://expertise.lfo.tu-dortmund.de/
The project is funded by ERASMUS+ under the funding number: 2022-1-DE02-KA220-VET-000087018