You are hereby invited to attend the Include-U Kick-off event on Thursday, March 18th, 2021, from 16:00 to 17:30! In this event, the progress of the project will be reported to the community in an interactive way. Moreover, we will have an invited guest to tell us about what the UT envisions in terms of inclusion for doctoral candidates (PhDs and PDEngs). Finally, we will reveal the first series of events that will take place this year! These events relate to the outcomes of the ongoing research led by the project.
As you might remember, P-NUT’s Include-U project has the mission to develop and evaluate a sustainable platform to facilitate the inclusion of international doctoral candidates to the UT community. This is a community-driven initiative, so your presence is not only necessary but also your ideas and feedback are very much welcome! What is the underlying mission of the project? To deliver a clear message and an example to the UT authorities, on what should be done, and could work, when it comes to ensure the inclusion of all doctoral candidates to our community.
- 16:00-16:05 Welcome!
- 16:05-16:15 Presentation of the Include-U project.
- 16:15-16:25 Opening statement from Sterre Mkatini, UT diversity and inclusion officer, and Laura Vargas Llona, Shaping 2030 Expert Group Lead on Inclusion.
- 16:25-16:30 Message from Paul van Dijk, director of the Twente Graduate School.
- 16:30-16:35 Short Q&A with invited speakers.
- 16:35-16:55 Summary of results from ongoing research on inclusion of international PhDs.
- 16:55-17:00 Presentation of Include-U events for 2021.
- 17:00-17:30 Future work and open discussion.