Students enrolled for the Human Computer Interaction and Design (HCID) double degree programme of the EIT Digital Master School take a 60 EC course programme in Interaction Technology, which is completed to a full 120 EC course programme at one of the other participating institutions. Students take a double degree, at completion one of their diplomas is the I-Tech diploma.
First year HCID students in I-Tech take a 60 EC programme in I-Tech as outlined under Entry year. These students continue with a second year specialization At KTH, UniTN, Aalto University, UPS, TU Berlin, or UPM. Second year HCID students have completed 60 EC (a first year) equivalent to that of I-Tech at Aalto University, KTH, UPM or UPS before they start their 60 EC programme in I-Tech as outlined under Exit year.
Course programme approval
A choice of courses becomes a course programme once it has been approved and signed by the programme mentor. The programme mentor has the authority to refuse his approval even if the choice of units is within the limitations of the requirements listed.
CORE COURSE (MANDATORY):
- 201800234 Foundations of Interaction Technology (5 EC, 1A)
HCID core courses (Mandatory):
- 201600087 Designing Interactive Experiences (5 EC, 2B)
- 201800227 Human Centered Design (5 EC) (5 EC, 1B)
- 201800226 Concepts, measures and methods (5EC, 1A)
- 201100126 Human Computer Interaction (5 EC, 2A)
Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) courses (Mandatory):
- 201700180 I&E Basics: Innovation and Entrepreneurship Finance EIT students (5 EC, 1A)*
- 201700119 Business Development Lab for EIT I (5EC, 1B)
- 201700120 Business Development Lab for EIT II (5EC, 2A)
*HCID students who have a bachelor degree in Creative Technology or Business & IT from the University of Twente take a different course: 201600011 International Entrepreneurship - A Strategic Technology Perspective, 1A. This is because these students have already taken the equivalent of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Theory as part of their bachelor programme.
INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP (I&E) COURSES (Elective, choose 1):
- 201500008 Empirical Methods for Designers (5EC, 2A)
- 194105070 Information Systems for the Financial Services Industry (5EC, 2B)
- 201600155 Global Strategy and Business Development (5EC, 2A)
Apart from the mandatory courses, electives can be chosen from the I-Tech programme in accordance with the programme mentor, so that the total course programme adds up to 60 EC.
Students in the exit year of the HCID programme need to include the following courses:
- 201600088 Research Topics EIT (10 EC) (this includes the I&E minor thesis of 6 EC )
- 192199978 Graduation Project / Final Assignment (30EC)
- 20 EC electives, e.g. the following courses:
- 201600070 Machine Learning (5EC, 1A)
- 201600071 Advanced Machine Learning (5EC, 1B)
- 201600074 Natural Language Processing (5EC, 1A)
- 201600081 Adv. Natural Language Processing (5EC, 1B)
- 201600076 Foundations of Information Retrieval (5EC, 1A)
- 201600083 Advanced Information Retrieval (5EC, 1B)
- 201600075 Speech Processing (5EC, 1B)
- 192320601 Multi-Agent Systems (5EC, 1A)
- 201400180 Multisensory Design (5EC, 1B)
- Interaction Technology project (10EC, 1A-1B, 2A-2B)