We have open positions in our multi-disciplinary research group for people with a background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Mathematics, Embedded Systems, Sustainable Energy Technology, or equivalent. The positions are situated at the University of Twente, and PhD candidates and Postdocs will be integrated in an inspiring research environment.
Below you find an overview of our current open positions.
The ‘Energy Management’ group at University of Twente has recently been granted several research projects within the smart energy domain. Therefore, we have open positions for new PhD candidates and Postdocs from a wide variety of disciplines who are open to share and gain knowledge in the context of energy management systems.
As we have multiple open positions in various projects, we encourage you to have a look at the project descriptions on their perspective pages. It is possible to show interest in multiple projects simultaneously.
We are looking for PhD candidates in the following projects:
OUR RESEARCH GROUP
- For information on the group on ‘Energy Management’ at University of Twente see the website.
The candidate has:
- A Master of Science degree in Computer Science, (Applied) Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Sustainable Energy Systems or equivalent skills for the project.
- Knowledge of energy systems and control theory is a plus.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and programming skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Creativity, positive attitude, and perseverance.
For PhD positions:
- As a PhD student at the University of Twente you will be appointed on a fulltime position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year, within a very stimulating scientific environment;
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues; Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU); As a PhD candidate you will receive a salary ranging from €2.395,- gross per month at the start to €3.061,- in the fourth year.
CONTACT AND APPLICATION
For more information, contact:
- Johann Hurink, University of Twente, firstname.lastname@example.org, +31534893447;
- Gerwin Hoogsteen, University of Twente, email@example.com, +31534894681.