1: Wednesday 12 April, 9.00-17.00
2: Wednesday 16 or 23 August, 9.00-13.00
4: to be announced
Time and Place
in building Drienerburght
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
The first training day is open for everybody. A maximum of 10 candidates will be selected for further support by the external consultants.
Ir. Erik Prins, independent advisor and Dr.ir. Aya van den Kroonenberg, senior grants consultant.
Course materials will be provided before and during the first training day.
Excellent researchers (maximum 8 years after promotion) with a good CV and an innovative research idea who consider applying for a NWO-VIDI grant this round or in the coming years.
This training is given by external consultants and is organized and paid centrally. In addition, Arend Zomer (https://www.utwente.nl/en/intranet/grants/) and each faculty provide support for VIDI candidates.
Contact person for BMS: Ariana Need, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person for EWI: Nelly Litvak, email@example.com
Contact person for CTW, ITC and TNW: Arend Zomer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Increasing your chances in acquiring a VIDI grant by:
- Learning about the procedures and the evaluation criteria for the NWO VIDI grant
- Presenting your CV specifically for the VIDI grant.
- Writing a sound VIDI proposal that can be submitted to NWO
- Explanation of the evaluation criteria and procedures of the Vernieuwingsimpuls;
- Development and critical assessment of the innovativeness and feasibility of your VIDI project idea;
- CV evaluation and presentation;
- Writing a solid VIDI-grant proposal;
- Training of your presentation skills specifically for the VIDI-committee (when you reach the interview round).
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
- Day 1: Introductory training day VIDI; procedures, evaluation criteria, instructions for proposal writing, do’s & don’ts;
- Day 2: Feedback on first draft by external consultants.
- Day 3: Feedback on final draft by external consultants.
- Day 4: Interview training by external consultants.
1. The introductory training day (day 1) is open for all researchers. Participation in the rest of the training will be based on the competitiveness of your CV and your research idea. There are two slots for each faculty. The dean of your faculty will ultimately decide whether you will be selected for support by external consultants.
2. You are eligible for a VIDI grant within 8 years after receiving your PhD. The submission date being the 1st week of October 2017. For each child you receive and extension of the eligibility period. The extent of this extension varies per gender and working hours.