Tuesday 9 and 30 October 2018
Tuesday 20 November and 11 December 2018
Time and Place
9.00 - 17.00 p.m. in building Drienerburght
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum of 12 participants
Karin Brugman, senior trainer het Balkon, education centre in Vasse.
Course materials will be provided during the training.
Employees from Secondary Vocational Education level and higher who want to improve their communication skills. You want to convey your message more effectively and better deal with difficult conversations. You also want to understand what is happening in the communication between you and your colleagues, both in individual conversations and during meetings. Also, you want to learn to ask and give feedback without compromising relationships with others.
At the end of the course:
● You have more insight into how you communicate;
● You know what effective communication is;
● You have practiced effective communications skills including giving and receiving feedback.
Communication in one-on-one situations (colleagues, students, managers, etc.):
● listen, summarize, interrogate;
● understanding hidden undercurrents in communication;
● dare to address behavior: give feedback and receive feedback;
● handle cumbersome conversations and conversation partners effectively.
Communication in groups, (optional) departmental discussions, meetings, project groups etc.):
● listen below the surface of the content;
● observing communication patterns in groups;
● effective communicative performance in groups;
● deal with troublesome conversational situations in groups.
* In this training the focus will be on communication in one-on-one situations. However, if participants wish to learn about communication in groups, this can also be treated.
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
Two full days (total 16 hours), including lunch: 0,5 ECTS.
Presence on both days is necessary.