New dates to be announced
Time and Place
9.00 - 13.00 in building Drienerburght
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum of 20 participants
Ir. Erik Prins, independent advisor and Dr.ir. Aya van den Kroonenberg, senior grants consultant.
Course materials will be provided before and during the training.
Junior researchers (max. 3 years after promotion) with a good CV and an innovative research idea who consider applying for an NWO-VENI grant.
- Awareness of the procedures and the evaluation criteria of the NWO VENI grants;
- A good presentation of your CV;
- A sound proposal that can be submitted to NWO.
- Explanation of the evaluation criteria and procedures of the Vernieuwingsimpuls;
- Development and critical assessment of your VENI project idea;
- CV evaluation and presentation;
- Writing a solid VENI- grant proposal;
- Training of your presentation skills specifically for the VENI-committee (when you reach the interview round).
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
Training parallel to proposal writing:
- Half-day introduction to the VENI instrument; procedures, evaluation criteria, do’s & don’ts;
- Half-day of CV and project presentation, feedback, and instructions for proposal writing;
- Half-day group feedback session (with trainer and Arend Zomer) on your draft proposal.
- Feedback session with an internal UT committee that will review your proposal.
Homework is expected to take approximately ten hours. The study load for this course is roughly equivalent to 1 ECTS.
If you reach the interview round you will receive a one-on-one presentation training.
- The introductory training day (day 1) is open for all junior researchers; PhD students and Postdocs. Participation in the rest of the training is based on first come first serve.
- You need your PhD Diploma to take part in days 2-4.
Selected course is not available.