These interactive courses will be offered online until the end of 2021.
Group work and peer review are part of each day of this course that is offered via the Canvas Conference module. Group sessions and work-sessions in breakout-rooms.
After this three-day intensive workshop, you will
- Have had ample practice presenting yourself and your research in different academic settings (introducing yourself, research pitch, poster presentations, conference presentations)
- Have helped your peers improve their presentation skills by giving effective feedback
- Have an understanding of your presentation strengths and areas which you could develop further
Expect a very supportive environment where you will work together in small groups with your peers and a coach to develop your presentation skills. You will focus on a task such as:
- Introducing yourself
- Introducing your research
- Making a research poster
- Presenting your research at a conference
- Powerpoint presentations
- Giving feedback to peers
What NOT to expect:
- In-depth treatment of basic English language and pronunciation issues
- In-depth treatment of field-specific content
Programme is for PhD-candidates from the UT
Participants are required to attend all three days of the Presentation Skills Bootcamp. You will be required to prepare a first draft of a research poster, and prepare a 10 minute Powerpoint presentation to introduce your research project prior to the bootcamp. Preparation time: approximately 6 hours.