This training focusses on effective decision making for yourself and in group meetings.
- Gain insight in your decision making style and different methods of decision making
- You will get (new and innovative) tools to guide your (group) decision making
- Share experiences and knowledge with fellow participants
As an academic professional and leader you are faced with many decisions on a daily basis.
This course provides you with the valuable opportunity to take a step back and reflect with a small group of colleagues. You will gain insight in your personal decision making process and style. We will also look at group decision making and how to reach supported decisions in an efficient way. During the course you will get acquainted with several practical tools that will help you guide decision making.
A big part of the course will be focused on your practical questions, for instance:
- How to deal with people who say “yes” and do “no”
- How to recognize and deal with (different forms of) resistance
- How to balance efficient use of meeting time, while also reaching supported decisions
- How to create a common goal and team spirit
- How to include different perspectives in the decision making process
We will explore these dilemma’s and look at different possible approaches. Because we are working with a small group there is the opportunity to really get into your personal work-situation. This way of working will not only give you insight but also a lot of practical tips customized to your situation.
All UT courses are offered in Engslish.* This is also a good opportunity to develop your English skills further. If you find any difficulty in expressing yourself in Englisch during the course, the trainer can always offer assistance.
*unless all participants who registered for the course have Dutch as their first language.