You have an insight into your personal strengths and weaknesses.
You are able to use different communication and leadership styles.
You understand how to lead people and processes at the University of Twente.
- In the first module, we take time to get acquainted with each other and the program. The focus is on you as a leader; what are your strengths and weaknesses and what are communication and leadership styles that you can use.
- The second module further explores techniques and models on how to lead people and manage daily operations. It also helps you to focus and set priorities to achieve your goals.
- During the third module, we focus on making change happen. What is your vision for the coming years and how do you manage important stakeholders to get where you want to be?
Topics that will be addressed
- Check-in and contracting skills
- Pull and push styles of communication
- Situational leadership;
- Coaching and feedback;
- Setting priorities and stakeholder management;
- Team development;
- Peercoaching on leadership dillemma’s.
You follow the course with colleagues in similar positions within the organization. Your active participation is required. We ask you to share your challenges and pitfalls and at times we will discuss personal matters. All this is done in a safe and confidential environment that we create together.
There will be plenty of opportunities to learn with and from each other. Different tools and frameworks will be presented by the trainers and discussed by all. You will actively explore if and how these models apply to your situation and how they can help you understand your own context. You will learn (new) skills which you will practice during the training. You will try out these skills in your daily work life and reflect on them with other participants throughout and in between modules.
An intake takes place prior to the training. In this, the learning question is defined and a final decision is made as to whether participation is appropriate.
If you do not have hierarchical managerial responsibilities, but you do have to direct or motivate people, check the training Influential coaching, and effective management.
For academic staff, we have the Academic Leadership course.