Researchers will achieve a good understanding of:
- the ERC evaluation criteria and how to address these by using a logic tree for grant writing;
- what makes an excellent PI according to the ERC evaluators of the different domains/panels;
- how to use the logic tree for grant writing, to prepare a competitive scientific proposal considering panel specifics and type of project;
ERC candidates will have the opportunity to work out on their own research project idea and CV during the Masterclass.
- ERC Grants in-a-nutshell
- Before you start writing
Considerations for developing a research idea fitting the ERC programme, in support of a solid start of proposal writing.
- The Extended Synopsis
The extended synopsis is a 5-page summary of the Scientific Proposal with an emphasis on the groundbreaking nature and feasibility of the proposal and how the outcomes of the research will impact further research.
Exercise: pitch of project concept, discussed in the light of ERC principles and criteria
- The Principal Investigator
We will address the key elements for Curriculum Vitae including assessment of career achievements, Funding ID, and Early Achievement Track Record.
Exercise: peer-review of CV in ERC format
- The Scientific Proposal
We will discuss the project template, with focus on B2b methodology and B2c resources; final recap of ‘what’s important’ in ERC Guide for Applicants and the ERC selection criteria.
- Question time, including individual assessment of next steps in preparing ERC application.