At the end of the course:
● You have more insight into how you communicate;
● You know what effective communication is;
● You have practiced effective communications skills including giving and receiving feedback.
Communication in one-on-one situations (colleagues, students, managers, etc.):
● listen, summarize, interrogate;
● understanding hidden undercurrents in communication;
● dare to address behavior: give feedback and receive feedback;
● handle cumbersome conversations and conversation partners effectively.
Communication in groups, (optional) departmental discussions, meetings, project groups etc.):
● listen below the surface of the content;
● observing communication patterns in groups;
● effective communicative performance in groups;
● deal with troublesome conversational situations in groups.
* In this training the focus will be on communication in one-on-one situations. However, if participants wish to learn about communication in groups, this can also be treated.