cOURSE CONTENT AND GOALS
Are you an Asian speaker of English who feels their English speaking skills and pronunciation are letting them down due to lack of practice or perhaps lack of confidence? Your (fellow) students and/or colleagues may at times be a little confused when you talk to them in English and may ask you to repeat yourself. This may make you feel somewhat embarrassed or uncomfortable, and very often, the less comfortable you are, the less clearly you tend to speak.During the English Pronunciation Training course (PT) you will improve your speaking skills by applying basic pronunciation techniques using various hands-on tools. This PT course is a group course and comprises 6 offline weekly lessons of 2.5 hours each. It will give you the boost you need to express yourself more easily, speak more freely and fluently, communicate more efficiently and feel more relaxed when
- talking to your supervisors, students and/or colleagues
- presenting your research proposal(s) and/or results
- discussing any questions about your topic
- taking part in (online) meetings
- socialising in your daily life outside of the campus
Taking up PT lessons could be your next step towards becoming the confident, accurate and fluent speaker of English you have always wanted to be.
COURSE preparation & initial/final assessment
To get the most out of your PT coaching you will
- complete a questionnaire about your speaking skill
- record yourself on your phone
- introducing yourself and your work or project
- reading out loud some of your academic key words
Your pronunciation coach will assess your questionnaire and recordings carefully and personally feed you back on them. Upon completing your PT coaching she will advise you on how to continue.
course commitment AND TIME INVESTMENT
You will follow the PELI approach and will be
- Enjoying yourself
Doing engaging, tailor-made self-study activities (approx. 2 hours per week) will bring you closer to achieving your own individual English pronunciation goals.