At completion you will demonstrate increased self-confidence and persuasiveness when using English in job interviews and job offer negotiations.
- short individual interviews;
- delivery of “tell me about yourself’ question and response to critical incident questions;
- tutor and group feedback;
- understanding and responding to different question forms.
Sell yourself successfully:
- English phrase bank for analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats;
- presenting yourself as the ideal interview candidate;
- if appropriate, short demonstration presentations;
- interview follow up.
- negotiating terms and conditions;
- dealing with job offers.
English Q&A Bank:
- structuring clear and effective responses to typical interview questions;
- how to prepare for difficult interview questions;
- interviewing the interviewers - asking your own questions
Attendance at every workshop is essential.
The workshops are held over three weeks, with one workshop per week. The first two workshops last three hours and the last workshop four hours. Homework is expected to take approximately two hours each week.
For academic staff, with English as their second or third language, who would like to improve their language skills for job seeking purposes.