Are you ready to become a “Carbon Literate Citizen” and map out actions that support Twente in its efforts on climate? Then join the upcoming Carbon Literacy Training being held entirely online.
In the Carbon Literacy Training* you will:
- learn the basics of climate science;
- carry out a basic carbon footprint calculation;
- learn the distinction between low and high impact climate solutions;
- learn about climate justice;
- experience the consequences if no action is taken;
- explore various carbon reduction actions that lead to a positive future; and
- learn how to use systems thinking to design climate solutions that also solve multiple problems.
* There are no prerequisites for this course
After completing 4 two-hour online sessions (Nov 8, 15, 22 and 29 between 14.00-16.00), you need to submit a brief Evidence Form that will be reviewed by the Carbon Literacy Trust before they can issue you a certificate to confirm that you are a “Carbon Literate Citizen”. The submission deadline is one week after completion of the Carbon Literacy Training, December 6th 2021.
The training will be delivered online by Dr Alex Mifsud. The course and training materials have been developed by Nottingham Business School (Nottingham Trent University.
At the UTwente, we strive to support staff and students to be better prepared for a sustainable future by using carbon reduction empowerment tools needed for a positive and brighter future. Carbon Literate Citizens can contribute to the UT’s Shaping 2030 goals to have our education, research, innovation, and organization centered around environmental, social, and economic sustainability. The course also prepares our teaching and research staffs to know how to help create a livable world for current and future generations, and to integrate sustainability aspects in their education and research activities.