Every organisation has to deal with underperforming employees from time to time. In practice, it is often difficult to confront the employee, help them improve their performance, and build a solid case. If the case is not in good order, a judge will not agree to terminate the employment contract. As a result, making a termination settlement is a costly matter. This course is offered to help you to act better towards an underperforming employee.
During this course, Ben Schröder will cover among others the following relevant topics:
- Effective approach for addressing underperforming employee
- Guidelines for accurate documentation and legal requirements
- The essential elements of a strong case
- The purpose and characteristics of successful improvement processes
- Various possible outcomes of improvement processes
- Strategies for dealing with sick calls following feedback